The Australian Breastfeeding Association (formerly known as NMAA - Nursing Mothers' Association of Australia) is one of Australia's largest women's organisations, supporting women through counselling and breastfeeding promotion in the community.
Do We Do?
Trained, volunteer breastfeeding counsellors throughout the state are available to discuss any areas of concern and offer you suggestions to help make breastfeeding a rewarding experience. There are about thirteen groups and locality groups around Tasmania and there is generally a counsellor at group meetings for face-to-face support if needed or they can be contacted through our Breastfeeding Helpline.
When you breastfeed, you give your baby the best start in life. A membership to the Australian Breastfeeding Association offers you...
With the support and knowledge you gain by joining, you are more likely to enjoy a satisfying breastfeeding relationship with your baby.
- membership of one of Australia's largest self-help organisations
- discounts on breast pump hire and baby products
- access to group libraries
- access to email counselling
- Essence, the regular national magazine joining mothers across Australia
- relaxed and informative group meetings and the chance to share your experiences with others
- access to our My Savings program to help balance the family budget by saving as much as $1500 per year (or more) on groceries and fuel as well as things like gifts, travel and movie tickets
- and you contribute to our work around the country helping mothers and babies.
The National Breastfeeding Helpline is supported by funding from the Australian Government.
We also have the option of counselling for breastfeeding issues via email for non urgent issues. To access our email counsellors click here.
For urgent issues please phone the Breastfeeding Helpline above.
Thank you to Fluccs for their generous provision of webhosting for this website.